Business Asset Sale
Huge pressure? Too much debt? Cashflow a problem? Cannot see how to continue with your company? Interested buyers out there?
If so we can help! Cheswick Capital has 18 years expertise and experience in driving insolvency and turnaround solutions;
- Business Asset Sale (BAS) tool: you can sell the business and assets, move the business to a new owner or trade buyer. Cheswick Capital experts guide you every step of the way. See below. Call 020 7416 6677 now.
- Get management help, expert non executive directors, grey hairs who have made the mistakes you are making and learned from them! Click here for a guide.
- Sell the company or the business to us - you can walk away click here for a guide. Certain company types only.
- Refinance the business with our unique range of financial products for struggling companies; click here for a guide.
- Pre-pack Administration call for advice - 020 7416 6677. The power of pre-pack may be necessary.
BAS or Business Asset Sale
If you or a third party (like an unrelated trade buyer for example) or related parties wish to buy the "business" without debts, then this is a quick method. Done properly and legally there is often no recourse or need to appoint administrators. Secured lenders like factoring companies own the debtor book, they simply collect out the debtor book, any other assets are valued and sold properly, any asset surplus is available to the bank and ordinary creditors in liquidation.
Cheswick may even buy your business, or one of our cash-rich trade buyers could be interested. Or you / your colleagues can buy the business with our help.
How does a BAS work?
Our unique BAS programme sets out the sanity checks, board resolutions, cashflows, valuation process, legal documents, contracts for sale, supporting legal schedules / deeds, step by step guides from Cheswick experts will help you through the process.
UK insolvency legislation is packed with “tripwires” to trip up the dishonest, or the honest but unwitting amateur, but expert knowledge can guide you past these hazards and deliver a fast efficient sale. Call now for advice on this and the other options available to restructure a struggling company.
- Selling the assets for below fair value is not legally correct and can lead to attack by oldco’s creditors and future liquidators. Under section 238 Insolvency Act 1986 this can lead to a reversal of the sale transaction and action may be taken against the (old company) directors.
- Paying off some “special” creditors before the sale is also reversible.
- Paying your own debts back is reversible and a breach of section 239 Insolvency Act 1986.
- Incorrect reuse of the trade name could lead to criminal action against you under s216 Insolvency Act 1986.
- VAT and tax security deposits payable by any newco may be demanded by HMRC, if liquidation is used and YOU are involved in the old and the new company; use a BAS instead.
- Personal guarantees may be called in by banks on oldco debts you have secured.
- Pre-pack administration may occasionally be required, for certain companies.
- It is usually best to liquidate the oldco after the BAS, to kill off leases and future obligations.
- You cannot sell the assets if a creditor has issued a winding up petition click here for a guide
Got threats from HMRC or trade creditors to wind the company up? ACT NOW sell the assets quickly. Call 020 7416 6677 now
- Sell the assets and the “business” but lose the debts. Save jobs.
- We use a national firm of high quality chartered surveyors to properly value all assets and we have negotiated a volume rate, so the fees are very good value.
- The modest asset consideration (or price for the assets sold) can be retained by oldco and then used to liquidate the old company.
- Factors can collect out their oldco book, you may have to assist. Watch out for personal guarantees if you have sigend any.
- You must maximise creditors interests, if the old company is insolvent, BAS may achieve this.
- In as little as 7 days, the business is secure.
- Oldco may simply be dissolved, no insolvency or conduct investigation.
- It is likely that liquidation will be required, if for example, any leases and contracts remain in oldco
- You will lose the tax losses made by the old company (oldco).
- If oldco is liquidated, there will be an investigation into your conduct as directors.
- There is a modest fee payable to Cheswick; however this is often much less than administration fees. Oldco can pay for this work.
- BAS does not apply in some circumstances. Contact us now to see if your company is suitable.
- You or the buyer needs money to trade in newco, (we can arrange new factoring, and we may provide small loans, asset based lending, credit card merchant loans, or new equity for the new company).
Some companies are not suitable, as their trade contracts may fail if a transfer is not accepted; call now to see if we can solve that for you.
Confidential and High Quality Advice FREE
Call for free advice and an ACTION PLAN or contact us. Call 020 7416 6677 or 07903 097502 and speak to our team, we will contact you confidentially on the number, or email address, provided by you. This is simply the most powerful restart service on the market, Cheswick Capital CAN END YOUR SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, use our powerful BAS product, get control back starting today.
Dont worry, THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR INITIAL ADVICE OR INITIAL MEETINGS once registered.
Want to sell the business assets and start again? Call now 020 7416 6677; National team of 7 business turnaround experts ready to help you.
Cheswick will never pass on your details to any of our investors, trade buyers or finance providers unless you have given written instructions to do so. The people behind Cheswick have been in turnaround, venture capital and insolvency businesses for more than 20 years, we have a great reputation for delivery and know that speed, quality of delivery and sympathetic support are vital for our clients.